Consul Thelmo Cunanan is a journalist and travel writer, management consultant, entrepreneur, amateur aviator (micro-light pilot, certified in Southern Africa), safari and wildlife enthusiast, sportsman, businessman, and event and TV host.
Consul Cunanan is a graduate of the Ateneo de Manila University and has a Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business. He speaks four languages fluently—English, Filipino, Cambodian, and German—and has a working knowledge of Spanish and Italian.
His professional roles include the ff:
- Board Director of San Miguel Corporation (San Miguel Breweries HK Ltd)
- Honorary Consul of Georgia in the Republic of the Philippines.
- Consultant for International Affairs of the National Parks Development Committee
- TV host for the Global News Network (GNN)
- Columnist of the Manila Times newspaper
- Political Analyst of the Wallace Business Forum, Inc.
- Special Adviser of the Somali Petroleum Corporation
- President of the Philippines – Botswana Economic and Cultural Council, Inc.
- President of the Philippines – Somalia Business and Friendship Association, Inc.
Prior to his appointment as Consul (a.h.), he was the founding member and Executive Director of the Philippines – Georgia Business and Friendship Association, Inc. and the President of the Philippine – Austrian Cultural Society, Inc.
Consul Cunanan supports many advocacies, including animal welfare and environment protection, women’s and children’s rights, transparency in government, sports development, poverty alleviation, and alternative medicine.